The Fiji Business Disaster Resilience Council, hosted by the Fiji Commerce and Employers Federation, provides a coordination mechanism for private sector to engage with government and partners on resilience building, response and recovery activities.
- supports businesses, particularly small and medium enterprises, to strengthen their resilience by providing training, tools and guidelines
- integrates the private sector into national disaster management and resilience plans and processes
- collectively lobbies for resources for business training and capacity building
- provides a single entry point and voice for the private sector on issues relating to disasters and resilience
- identifies and engages private sector capacities and resources to respond to emergencies, pre-position agreements in preparation for emergencies and match capacities to humanitarian needs before, during and after emergencies.
To read more about the council click here.