Myanmar Private Sector Disaster Management Network aims to:
- Establish and maintain a coordination architecture which would serve as a clear entry point for the private sector in the broader national coordination led by the Government:
- bringing together relevant actors and leveraging ongoing initiatives, and existing networks and programs to enhance private sector coordination on disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness, response and recovery activities;
- connecting businesses to government, international organisations, civil society organisations and other actors to identify and match needs before, during and after emergencies.
- Strengthen the capacity of businesses and business associations in Myanmar:
- facilitating the mobilization of human and material resources to support business engagement;
- supporting the delivery of programs to build the capacity and resilience of businesses and business associations.