The Madagascar Private Sector Humanitarian Platform aims:
- Stronger involvement of the private sector to increase the effectiveness of humanitarian aid particularly in the context of disaster and risk management and; enroll in the contingency plan;
- Identify the inputs on which each company can contribute, whether in services, provision of materials, equipment, technical, human or financial capital;
- Develop a clear and precise mapping, region by region, step by step, of what each company is likely to bring in order to best meet the needs arising from the decision-making humanitarian community through the prevention, preparedness, response, assessment and reconstruction phases ;
- Act in complementarity and transparency with "traditional" humanitarian actors and the National Bureau for Disaster and Risk Management to increase the effectiveness of humanitarian aid;
- After every major disaster or at least at the end of each cyclonic season, make an assessment and an experience feedback of actions initiated by the private sector, proceed to a global assessment and develop an action plan taking lessons learned into account
- Promote companies Corporate Social Responsibility: create and execute sustainable projects following a pooling of the platform capacities.
More information: www.pshp-mada.org