CENACED is the representative private sector organization on the National Council of Civil Protection in Mexico, convening companies, civil society, Government and others to support disaster prevention and emergency response. With the support of the Connecting Business inititive and other partners, CENACED is strengthening its engagement of the private sector in disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness, response and recovery.
CENACED, the Connecting Business initiative and other partners are collaborating in Mexico to:
- increase information dissemination to the private sector and build a multistakeholder collaboration platform;
- build capacity and strengthen the resilience of businesses, particularly small and medium enterprises, to withstand and recover from emergencies;
- embed the private sector in resilience and disaster risk management strategies and programs, including programs on urban and rural resilience and SME reactivation;
- analyse available data on disaster risks and vulnerabilities to facilitate risk informed investment and to develop programs to reduce those risks and vulnerabilities;
- map and monitor private sector engagement and the coordination of activities, targeting programs to address gaps and measuring the impact of those programs;
- share best practice from Mexico on private sector engagement regionally and internationally; and
- establish a regional private sector network for Latin America and the Caribbean.
More information: www.cenaced.org.mx/