The Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships Week (HNPW), co-chaired by OCHA and the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID), is an annual event held in Geneva in the first week of February. Since 2015, this event provides a unique forum for humanitarian networks and partnerships to meet and address key humanitarian issues. Networks and Partnerships hold their annual meetings during the week, and work together to find ways to solve common problems. HNPW convenes a large number of participants from diverse groups, including the UN, NGOs, Member States, the Private Sector, the military, academia and others.
The next HNPW will take place at the International Conference Centre in Geneva from 5-9 February 2018. More than 30 Networks and Partnerships are expected to participate, and hold their annual meetings during the week. An Inter-Network Day will take place on Wednesday, 7 February and it will offer participants from all backgrounds and sectors the opportunity to learn, exchange knowledge and network.
HNPW is a free event for emergency preparedness and response professionals.
CBi Annual event
6 February 2017
CBi Annual event will be held on Tuesday 6 February 9.30-17 will be organised alongside the Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships Week. The day includes:
- 09:00-10:30 CBi Annual Event Segment 1: Expanding Opportunities for Private Sector Engagement
- 11:00-12:30 CBi Annual Event Segment 2: Role of the Private Sector in Preparedness
- 14:00-15:30 CBi Annual Event Segment 3: Role of the Private Sector in Response and Recovery
- 16:00-17:30 CBi Annual Event Segment 4: Innovative Approaches to Disaster Management
Read more about CBi Annual Event 2018 here.
CBi Working sessions
8 February 2017
Thematic working sessions around specific themes on Thursday 8 February alongside the Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships Week.
- 09:00-10:30 CBi Working Session 1: Closed for CBi Member Networks only
- 11:00-12:30 CBi Working Session 2: Closed for CBi Member Networks only
- 14:00-15:00 CBi Working Session 3: Closed for CBi Member Networks only
- 16:00-17:30 CBi Working Session 4: Private Sector Innovation in Disaster Management (open to all)
Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships Week
5-9 February 2017
Hosted by the Swiss Government and co-chaired by the UK’s Department of International Development (DFID) and the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), the Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships Week (HNPW) provides a space for humanitarian networks and partnerships to hold their annual meetings. Register for HNPW here.