- Public and private sectors join forces to deliver lifesaving COVID-19 supplies in Yemen (19 June 2020)
- Businesses urged to give refugees more jobs in COVID-19 era (18 June 2020)
- COVID-19 in Somalia: Leveraging Finance to help Somali Businesses in the Face of Crisis (12 May 2020)
- Companies give Yemen tens of thousands of coronavirus test kits to ease shortage (22 April 2020)
- Coronavirus: CACOVID orders supplies for 400,000 COVID-19 tests to increase Nigeria’s testing capacity (20 April 2020)
- Coordinated response can protect African garments industry from coronavirus fallout (27 March 2020)
Photo credit: UNICEF
Online Platforms and Knowledge Hubs
Private Sector Development and COVID-19: The Donor Committee for Enterprise Development (DCED) knowledge portal compiles ideas and information on how donor and development agencies can adjust their private sector development (PSD) interventions to mitigate social and economic impacts of COVID-19, and to stimulate economic recovery as well as resilience to future outbreak
Covid-19, Crises, and Fragility: States of Fragility platform, hosted by the Crises & Fragility team in the Global Partnerships & Policies Division of the Development Cooperation Directorate (DCD) provides key resources and analysis on Covid-19 and fragile contexts.
Prioritizing Peace During the Pandemic: United States Institute of Peace (USIP) platform shares news, webinars and other content about making peace possible amid the new reality of COVID-19.
Conflict and Covid-19 Resource Hub: Political Settlements Research Programme website curates blogs and resources addressing the COVID-19 pandemic from the perspective of conflict-affected areas.
CSPPS’ article series on the impact of COVID-19 on peace and conflict in local settings: Civil Society Platform for Peacebuilding and Statebuilding (CSPPS) articles focus on the wider implications COVID-19 may have on the (in)stability of already fragile nations, providing the perspective of local civil society organisations working towards peacebuilding and statebuilding.
Protection and COVID-19: The Global Protection Cluster (GPC) page has been established to share protection-related information and resources on COVID-19, including examples of operational tools produced by field clusters, which will be updated as they become available.
Global Pandemic - Coronavirus and Global Disorder: The Carnegie Endowment for International Peace website provides analysis on the political, economic, and geostrategic effects of the global pandemic.
The Peace Corner Podcast series: Young people at UNOY Peacebuilders, CSPPS, +Peace and GPPAC lead the fourth season of this podcast series, which focuses on the challenges and opportunities that peacebuilders worldwide are facing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
UNHCR emergency updates on COVID-19: This website provides reference documents, global/regional/country updates, thematic information and other useful resources on the impact of COVID-19 on refugees and other forcibly displaced people.
Ceasefires in a Time of Covid-19: a collaborative project between the Political Settlements Research Programme (PSRP), the Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO), the Center for Security Studies (CSS) at ETH Zurich, Conciliation Resources, Mediateur (European Forum for International Mediation and Dialogue) and the United States Institute of Peace (USIP). It allows users to explore the impact of Covid-19 on conflicts and their respective peace processes, and those interested in health interventions to understand when ceasefires have been put in place.
Policy briefs and reports
- UN Security Council resolution 2532 (2020) expressing support to the UN Secretary-General's call for global ceasefire
- Policy Brief: COVID-19 and People on the Move (UN)
- The impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on forcibly displaced persons in developing countries (OECD)
- COVID-19, Crises, and Fragility (OECD)
- COVID-19 and Conflict: Seven Trends to Watch (International Crisis Group)
- UNHCR COVID19 Emerging practices - Livelihood and Economic Inclusion
- 3 ways your company/foundation can help refugees during COVID-19 and video (UNHCR)
- Guidance on Protection for Migrant Workers during the COVID-19 Pandemic (ICC&IOM)
Photo credit: UN OCHA
Statements, Blogs and Opinion Pieces
- "To silence the guns, we must raise the voice for peace" (UN Secretary-General's update on the appeal for global ceasefire)
- "The fury of the virus illustrates the folly of war" (UN Secretary-General's appeal for global ceasefire) and transcript from the press encounter
- Conflict and COVID-19 are a deadly mix (27 May 2020)
- The COVID-19 crisis is an opportunity to reimagine human mobility (UN Secretary-General)
- COVID-19 in Fragile Settings: Ensuring a Conflict-Sensitive Response (UN)
- Statement on Safeguarding Peace during the COVID-19 Pandemic (International Dialogue on Peacebuilding and Statebuilding, IDPS)
- A Whole-of-Society, Conflict-Sensitive Response to COVID-19 (Civil Society Platform for Peacebuilding and Statebuilding, CSPPS)
- Rule of law and sustaining peace in times of COVID-19 (UNDP)
What we can learn from refugees in the fight against COVID-19 (Filippo Grandi, UNHCR)
Photo credit: ©UNHCR/Samuel Otieno