Thursday 22 October | 1500-1600 CET
This virtual event will give an introduction to INFORM. The participants will be able to get an overview of the Index and look at examples of how the Index can be used to support resource allocation.
- Ilkka Salmi, Director of Disaster Preparedness and Prevention, ECHO, European Commission
- Dan-Claudiu Chirondojan, Director of Space, Security and Migration, JRC, European Commission
- Angeliki Nika, Senior Analyst, ACAPS
- Cecilia Utas, Team lead Early Warning and Analysis,UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
- Andrew Thow, Coordinator of INFORM, Information Services Branch, UN OCHA
The event is open to anyone and followed by a Q&A.
About INFORM Severity Index
The INFORM Severity Index is an improved way to analyse the severity of humanitarian crises globally. It seeks to contribute to improved management of humanitarian crises by providing decision-makers with a comparable and reliable summary of information about the severity of humanitarian crises that is updated monthly and applicable globally.