- Present the findings of the Connecting Business initiative (CBi) Gender Research;
- Present the selected good practices on gender, private sector and disaster management;
- Discuss together the future steps of gender and the private sector in disaster management.
Participants are encouraged to drop questions in the chat throughout the sessions and to participate to the Mentimeter practice after each section.
Veronica Gabaldon, Executive Director of the Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation – The Philippines' major private sector vehicle and coordinator for disaster management (CBi Network)
8:00 - 8:10 Welcome Remarks - Sahba Sobhani, Director of Istanbul International Center for Private Sector in Development, UNDP
8:10 - 8:30 Gender Research in Private Sector Disaster Management
- Mentimeter – Why is gender important in your work?
- Why gender? Findings of the CBi Gender Research - Maria Kontro, CBi Gender Research Consultant
Q&A from the participants
8:30 - 9:10 Best Practices
- Mentimeter – Which kind of good practices on gender will help your work?
- Best Practice 1 – COVID-19, gender and the private sector - Maria Holtsberg, Humanitarian Advisor, UN Women Asia and the Pacific
- Best Practice 2 – Women ́s small enterprises survival in a double disaster - Vanuatu Business Resilience Committee (CBi Network)
- Best Practice 3 – The digital gender gap in humanitarian contexts - Belinda Baah, Insights Manager, Mobile for Humanitarian Innovation, GSMA
- Q&A from the participants
9:10 - 9:25 Future Steps
- COVID-19 and future steps: Maria Kontro, CBi Gender Research Consultant
- Mentimeter – What do you consider is needed for the future?
- Discussion and recommendations from the participants
9:25 - 9:30 Closing remarks – Karen Smith, CBi Coordinator
Please click the icon below to view the presentation material.
Photo credit: ILO/Minette Rimando